Jan 4, 2013

There is a train that leaves the station heading for your destination, but the price you pay to nowhere has increased a dollar more.

Hey guys! Today I have got a little DIY for you. It's the biggest one so far. I had the idea in my mind ever since I saw these shoes at solestruck.com , covered completely in jewels. From this point, I was in love. But unfortunately, I am unable to afford them, being only a pupil without super rich parents. Thus, I immediately thought about DIYing them! I had some jewel stones left from the Dollar store, and some heels, too, so it was actually unavoidable. I am still not finished, as it is so much work, but here's the tutorial.


1. For your jeweled shoes, you will need: a pair of heels, obviously (I used a pair that was laying around in my room), acrylic paint (in a technicolor), super strong glue, about three small packages of jewel stones (you can get them at the dollar store for one buck, duh.), and tape.
2. Ready? Go! Tape your shoes like I did in the picture, so you have sharp edges without smudgy paint somewhere where it is not meant to be.
3. If there are any bows, pearls, whatever, on your heels, cut them off. It's impossible to bejewel them.
4. Paint your shoes red. Watch out that the shoe is completely covered in paint, then let it dry.
5. Glue all the jewels on, until you have covered every teeny-tiny spot. This will take hours, but don't let it discourage you - it is worth it, I swear.

You see, it is pretty easy, but very time-consuming. I hope you will try it, though!

 

I made a gif about it, actually, but it doesn't work?! Such a shame... I guess I just need some time to figure it out.

Anyways, I discovered Solestruck.com a few days ago, and I am just in love. It seems like everyone has known this page before me... stupid me. I especially love the shoes designed by Jeffrey Campbell - they are so incredibly perfect! Every single pair is just pure art. It's so sad, though, that those shoes are so ridiciously expensive - I mean, it starts at about 150 bucks? What the hell. I think I will save my money for a pair, though, as they are just amazing!

I have been nominated for "Liebster Award" by the way! Emily from Strong Punch did, she's so cute. I think I will post it soon.

Hope you are fine,

Mary

PS: for all those which wanted a zine, I will mail you tomorrow!

11 comments:

  1. This is a brolliant DIY I shall definitley do it when I have free time thanks for sharing!! ;)Good luck for the Liebster award fingers crossed that you win!! *P.S I love Strong Punch Emily has such a wonderful blog and so do you*

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cool idea!! I think I might try it out :) And thank you Muby^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This amazing but very time consuming. My friend is half way through doing the same thing to point shoes and then she's going to hang them on her bedroom wall. I really want to do this (with the heels not the point shoes.) I think I'll thrift some heels that will work well with this. Exciting :) This is awkward now because I have also nominated you for the Liebster Award too! Ha! You can find the post with the instructions here: http://thechicmuse000.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so awesome!!!! I may try this out, I love those plasticky jewel things, I use them on everything:) Maybe I will try it on my fake vans, because my feet die in heels (i'm such an amateur.)

    I am really sorry, I can't find that make your own lipstick thing!!! If I come across it again I will send it to you:)
    CARLA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I think I'll try it. Just got to get myself some rhinestones:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this! your blog is awesome, and has inspired me to get back into 'blogging' :) would you by any chance be able to check out my blog? www.ohnoitsemily.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great!! i really want to do this, it´s very rookie :) and how do i order one of the zines? i really want one...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with those shoes. And I totally love your blog also. I'm tryin to figure put how I can make one, I love fashion
    - Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so cool! I would totally wear those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool, I'd love to try this! I've just started following your blog (new to the blogging world) and I was wondering if you have a digital copy of the zine you mentioned? I've been reading some of your posts and it's definitely something I think I'd like to read

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting this DYI! I will totally have to try this out :)
    I just stumbled across your blog, and I'm going to add it to my favorites.
    Your style is so unique, I love it!

    my blog is:
    http://fashiononfire.org/

    ReplyDelete