1. 3-D-Lettering can look pretty awesome. That brings us to another important thing: Use many, many different kinds of handwriting. Like capitals and cursive and stuff.
2. Arrows! Arrows are awesome! Again, use many different ones.
3. If you are sick of arrows, you can draw real "mind-map stuff". But not only a cloud and a few lines but an amazing octopus with as many tentacles as you need. For example, if you are thinking of fashion and sewing, you can draw a pattern of a shirt next to the octopus' head and many different print next to the tentacles. Which leads us to...
4. Symbols! If you are thinking of better weather, draw a sun. Draw skyscrapers if you wanna visit a big, big city. Draw smileys, simply draw all the random that come's into your mind. And if you are a really, really awesome person ( I assume you are) you'd draw...
5. Pacman! Drawing Pacman helped me through uncountable lessons in the past few weeks.
6. If you have colorful pens and prints and highlighters, mix everything together like a collage. Color your life :DD ( and, just in case, if someone highlights you, don't mind. It'll be fun. )
Random. I know. Random. Don't mind. It came into my mind.
Have a nice day, Mary